All foreigners who plan to visit Myanmar should obtain a visa before entering the country. A valid national passport with at least 6-month validity is needed in order to apply.
Myanmar Embassies List
Complete list of Myanmar embassies around the world with information on how to apply for visa is available on the link provided. For more information on applying for Myanmar visa, visit nearest Myanmar embassy to you.
Types of Visa
Tourist Visa / Social Visa
(Get form here
Those who would simply like to visit Myanmar without any other purposes should apply for Tourist Visa or Social Visa (for Ex-Myanmar citizens and their immediate family).The Entry Visa is valid for exactly 4 weeks (28 days). The Social Visa is extendable up to 3 months from the date of issue at the Immigration Department in Yangon. However, the Tourist Visa is not extendable. The processing procedure for the visa will take at least 3 working days.
Business / Entry Visa
(Get form here
Those traveling to Myanmar for business purpose and/or other purposes should apply for Business Visa/Entry Visa. There are two different types of Business Visa: Single Business Entry Visa and Multiple Journey Entry Business Visa.
- Single Business Entry Visa is valid for up to 10 weeks (70 days) from date of arrival and can be extended.
- Multiple Journey Entry Business Visa can be valid from 6 months to a maximum of 1 year from the date of issue. Applicants who need to travel to Myanmar for at least 3 times a year for business purpose should apply for this type of visa. However, the period of stay in Myanmar from the date of arrival is restricted to 10 weeks (70 days) and can be extended.
(Get form here
Those who is in Myanmar as a transit stop and plans to stay in Myanmar for less than 24 hours should apply for this visa. This visa is valid for 24 hours and is not extendable.
Visa fees and duration
|Type of Visa||Fees||Duration|
|ENTRY VISA(Meetings / Workshops / Events)
On-Arrival Visa system has been in force since 1 June 2012. Procedures are as follows:
Port of Entry:
The visitors are required to enter from Yangon International Airport.
Permitted list of countries:
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Additionally, the citizens of the following 22 countries are able to apply On-Arrival Visa starting from 1-2-2013: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
The Required Terms and Conditions for VISA ON ARRIVAL. It is required that the applicant –
- Have a valid passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Myanmar.
- Bring two recent (4cm x 6cm) color photos taken within the past six months.
- Have the letter of invitation from the sponsoring company in the event of first trip of business study. (Stay cannot be extended.)
- Be required to produce copies of company registration/business license/ evidence of permission to do business issued by the ministries concerned together with the application if he is working in Myanmar.
- Fully mention the name of the factory, location, the sponsor and the position he holds if he is doing business with business visa.
- Apply for extension of visa with the recommendation of the ministries concerned as well as in accordance with the existing procedures if he is doing business with business visa.
- Produce letter of invitation by the ministries concerned if the trip is for attending meetings, workshops, events and ceremonies.
- Not be allowed to engage in any sort of work with or without charges apart from the professions mentioned in the visa application form.
- Produce air ticket to the destination if he is applying for transit visa.
- Stay at the hotels, motels and guest houses holding legal licenses issued by Myanmar authorities, and factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings; and exactly mention the address he will stay at.
- Declare that he/she will strictly abide by the existing laws, rules, procedures, orders and directives issued by Myanmar Government.
- Be able to produce the evidence of parent-children relationship if the accompanying children, under-seven-year-old, are holding separate passport, so as to grant visa free of charge;
- Not be allowed to travel to the restricted areas unless holding prior permissions.
- Report to the office of the township Immigration and National Registration Department concerned in which he stays and should mention the address of hotels, motels, guest houses, factories and workshops legally permitted as well as human dwellings.
- Depart to the country which he has travelled from by the arrangement of the airline he is on board if he is denied.
- Abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team.
- Apply for Visa On Arrival at Airport Immigration Section obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population.
Applying for Myanmar Visa online
Government operated website for applying E-visa: now in its Beta version, you’ll soon get full access apply your visas online. www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm